ABOUT PENINSULA HEART CENTRE
Dr. Greg Szto founded Peninsula Heart Centre in July 2000. Since then, our centre has become a state-of-the-art cardiac centre in the Mornington Peninsula. We have available a multitude of technologies that are used to investigate patients with heart disease.
This practice commits to the highest standards of medical practice, incorporating the latest techniques and information, so that you may enjoy the best possible cardiovascular health outcomes.
This webpage is your guide to who we are, what we do, and how our services can assist you in your quest to have optimal cardiovascular health. You will know who you are dealing with, how to contact us, and where to see us. We see patients in 3 locations: Frankston, Mornington and Rosebud. Most tests are done at our Peninsula Private Hospital rooms or the hospital itself. Echo (also done in additional venues in Mt. Eliza, Aspendale Gardens and Carrum Downs), Holter, BP monitor tests can be done in all 3 locations.
A. Initial consultation and subsequent reviews
We also perform evaluations for fitness to drive, airline pilot fitness evaluation, evaluation of possible heart problems in the Defence (Cerberus) community, fitness to undergo surgeries and monitoring patient when they have surgeries (peri-operative medicine).
B. Outpatient heart tests performed in our office
- Treadmill stress test
- Echocardiogram – transthoracic and stress echocardiogram
- Holter (ECG) monitor (up to 7 days)
- BP monitor
- Multi-slice Cardiac CT (in collaboration with MIA Radiology, Peninsula Private Hospital)
C. Inpatient tests and procedures
- Coronary angiogram and stents (wrist or groin access)
- Coronary rotablator debulking
- Intravascular ultrasound to check details of coronary narrowings
- Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) to assess severity of blockages
- Renal artery angiogram and stent and denervation
- Pacemaker insertion including biventricular and defibrillator pacemakers, as well as leadless pacemakers
- Chronic chest pain neurostimulator (from August 2016)
- Watchman left atrial appendage closure (alternative to anticoagulation to prevent stroke in atrial fibrillation)
- Electrical cardioversion
- Pericardiocentesis (draining fluid from the sac surrounding the heart)
- Transoesophageal echocardiogram
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) keyhole aortic valve surgery (from Nov 2015)
- Transcatheter Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) closure (from Nov 2017)
D. Inpatient heart care
- Urgent – via Peninsula Private Hospital Coronary Care Unit direct admission 24 hours on 03 9788 3755.
- Elective – Peninsula Private Hospital, Beleura Private Hospital, The Bays Hospital, Frankston Public Hospital.
E. Clincal research
- Our practice is heavily involved in clinical research, where new drugs may be tried, and new therapies explored. You are welcome to participate in clinical studies relating to your heart problems.
Contact number: 03 9789 0088